“We always have electricity cuts in ‪#‎Gaza‬ and we are afraid of the dark. We usually light up candles but we are scared of fire. We don’t know how to do our homework in the dark and we can’t watch TV.

My auntie’s house was burnt down because of an unsafe candle, her children got scared and escaped through the window; Allah (swt) protected them. Only one little girl suffered from burn injuries and they took her to Al-Hikma hospital and did everything they could to save her.

Today Interpal came to install the safe lighting systems. I thank all of them. JazakAllah Khair.”

Mirna, 10, Gaza