Making the Most of the Last Ten Days of Ramadan
The last ten days of Ramadan are full of blessings and are a time when your good deeds can bring extra reward. Here are some tips to help you make the most of this special and holy time:
1. Plan for each of the ten days, not just the odd nights! Make as much time as possible for reading Quran and dhikr.
2. Read about the importance of the last 10 days and laylatul qadr (The Night of Power) so you can appreciate the value and power of this time. Seek the night of power on all the odd nights.
3. Prepare a list of duas to recite and your own duas for yourself. Sit and ask from Allah SWT with an open heart believing Allah SWT is listening only to you in that moment.
The recommended dua for the Night of Power
4. Eat well and rest during the day if you are staying up at night. Avoid any foods you know will make you sluggish and tired.
5. Avoid sitting on your bed! Pick a comfortable spot in your home and move all distractions away fro yourself.
6. If you find yourself getting sleepy, take time to walk or stretch for a few minutes. Drink some water and change the act of worship for a little variety!
7. Be patient and consistent with yourself. Try and do better each consecutive night. Every act of worship carries weight so do what brings you peace and brings you closer to Allah SWT!
We pray these last ten days bring you peace, happiness and may Allah SWT accept all your efforts!
Calculate your Zakat
Confused about how to calculate your Zakat? Try our simple-to-use calculator