Palestine Verses – Interpal Poetry Competition 2016
To all the poets out there: Interpal’s poetry competition ‘Palestine Verses’ is back!
Entrants can write about anything they wish related to Palestine and the Palestinian people.
The winner will have the opportunity to read their poem at Interpal Nakba Commemoration event, Nakba Narratives, which will take place at the end of May 2016. The winner will also receive a hamper of Palestinian products and the top-three winners will have an olive tree planted in their name in Gaza.
If enough poems are received, we will publish a poetry booklet that will include the ten best poems. This booklet will then be sold at various events to raise funds for Palestinian refugees.
This competition is open to all UK residents of all ages.
You can send your poems by email: email@example.com. Or by post: Interpal, P. O. Box 53389, London, NW10 6WT
Deadline for submission: Monday 9th May 2016
A few rules to read before you start writing
- All poems must have a title.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrants.
- Entries must be written in English.
- Although issues may be controversial, poems must not be derogatory to any person or group of people, or incite to violence in any form.
- All poems must have the entrants’ name, email address and/or phone number.
- Postal entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- The winner will be notified in May.
Good luck everyone!
Calculate your Zakat
Confused about how to calculate your Zakat? Try our simple-to-use calculator