Interpal Qurbani: How it works
Eid Al Adha, the Festival of Sacrifice, is celebrated during the twelfth month of the Islamic calendar, also known as Dhul Hijjah. It is enjoined upon every Muslim who has the financial means to commemorate the action (of sacrifice) that Prophet Ibrahim (as) was prepared to carry out in the name of Allah (swt). This occurs during the days of Eid Al Adha and people celebrate the meaning and completion of this action.
Every Eid Al Adha, Interpal enables you to direct your Qurbani to Palestine to ease the difficulties of our brothers and sisters, bringing with it many great rewards for yourself. As a result of your donations Interpal is able to ensure blessed Qurbani meat is distributed to the poorest Palestinian families across the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Lebanon and Jordan. Last year our teams recorded the distribution of Qurbani to 8,000 families.
How does it work?
- You can call 020 8961 9993 or donate online via interpal.org. Your £90 Qurbani will be carried out in the most economical location abroad and you can be assured it will be Shariah compliant.
- The Qurbani meat is then canned and frozen. Canned meat can last several months, feeding a family long after Eid. Meat is often a rare luxury for Palestinian refugees, and canned meat maximises the benefit of your donation.
- Interpal then delivers the canned meat to the West Bank, Gaza Strip, as well as refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon. On Eid, we ensure fresh local meat, and frozen or canned meat is distributed to the neediest families so they can take part in the celebrations.
There are many other ways you can help support Palestinian families on Eid Day.
- For £25 you can provide Eid gifts for 5 children, giving them something to look forward to on this special occasion
- Our £15 meat parcel provides 2kg of fresh meat to a family in need. The meat is locally sourced and will be handed out to beneficiaries on Eid days.
- Our £45 food parcel is a combination of staple food items needed by families, which lasts up to one month
- £50 provides essential financial and education support for a refugee family, especially in the lead up to the new school year
Interpal operates a 100% donations policy on all specified donations. We also take Qurbani donations until the second day of Eid.
Please contact Interpal to fulfil your Qurbani obligations and reach out to our brothers and sisters during this blessed time. Your gift will make the world of difference for a Palestinian family on Eid day, insha’Allah.
Calculate your Zakat
Confused about how to calculate your Zakat? Try our simple-to-use calculator